I realized quite a lot of things today. Earlier, I reported for work at our Manufacturing Plant here in Bulacan. (Most people are still surprised why I didn’t consider the job offer here since the plant’s only 10mins away from home. Don’t get me started on this, haha.)
Anyway, I felt so happy and privileged that our SCM Director pushed me to do a plant tour / orientation. I was hired last November but I didn’t get a chance to visit the warehouse, the production line, and other departments in the manufacturing plant. Heck, I’m not even sure if the people in my office knew me, how much more in the plant XD Haha! But after weeks of postponing the tour, we finally found the time and set it today.
Soooo.. I was toured inside the main warehouse and the extension warehouse as well. I was also able to go to the production line. Everyone’s kind enough to welcome me to the company 🙂 I just feel so blessed beyond words.
Not that there’s any comparison but I think I fell in love with the company even more because of this. I guess the main objective of this tour is to make me appreciate not just the line of work that I do and the people I work with but also of the whole company. I now understood (not that fully though, I admit!) the processes and the people involved.
I would also like to share a few things:
* I’m not sure if this is because the location (hello province!), but almost anyone from the plant are way too calm and soft-spoken! Haha. This may just be one of the many first impressions that I had and I find it quite amusing, to be honest XD Heee.
* Although I haven’t experienced being one, but my heart bleeds for the piece workers, huhu. This reminded me of the Dad in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, huhu. Can’t explain further but I had nothing but pure admiration for all of them.
* Being toured around the warehouse made me feel like an Engineer! I was wearing a dress and a hard hat and I’ve never felt so badass in my entire life. Chos. Kidding aside, it’s really nice to finally apply what I’ve studied (for so long) in College! I appreciate and understand my work better now, too. For the first time in a long time, I didn’t mind being an Engineer at all! For a moment there, i felt really really proud of myself.
* I say this often but there’s something about Med people (Pharmacists, Nurses, Doctors, etc.) that I find really attractive. Must be the all-white outfit, lab gowns, and all. Haha! When we toured the production and packaging lines, we were required to wear lab gowns, hair nets, booties, etc. I wondered how it would feel like if ever I decided to pursue medicine too. Hmmm. Since childhood, I’ve always fantasized being a doctor but then the sight of scratches (not necessarily blood, just wounds and scratches) makes me cringe. LOL.
* I know I will still choose to be located in QC rather than here in Bulacan, but experiencing these things earlier made me feel that this isn’t so bad after all. Best case would be reporting in the plant several times a week. Haha!
* Hmm, I was actually introduced as my Tita B’s niece and Ate G’s cousin but I didn’t want people to think that I was hired because of those reasons alone. Because of that, I promised myself to push myself to work harder. I will be doing it to prove myself to other people, but for my own personal goals.
That would be all 🙂 It’s been more than three months and I’ve been nothing but happy 🙂 Something I’ve never felt for quite some time now. Thank You, God 🙂